On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 7:55 PM Robert Joslyn
<robert.jos...@redrectangle.org> wrote:

> On 9/26/23 7:55 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> > I am seeing a ptest failure on qemx86-64/glibc
> >
> >    Failed ptests:
> >    {'curl': ['test_1474', 'curl']}
>
> In looking at the test, it is marked as flaky with the comment:
>
> # Because of the timing sensitivity (scheduling delays of 500 msec can cause
> # the test to fail), this test is marked flaky to avoid it being run in
> the CI
> # builds which are often run on overloaded servers.
>
> https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/curl-8_3_0/tests/data/test1474#L21
>
> My server is pretty lightly loaded while running the tests, so that
> could explain why I haven't seen it fail normally. I was able to induce
> a failure by running a very heavy load while running that test on my
> desktop (which is older and slower than my build server). If you'd like,
> I can send a follow up patch to skip tests marked as flaky.

another run resulted in yet another failure

  test 0587...
   FAIL: 587: protoc!
   There was no content at all in the file log/2/server.input.
   Server glitch? Total curl failure? Returned: 42

prior to this upgrade my test setup never saw curl failures and it has
same amount of load etc.