Mikko Rapeli <mikko.rap...@linaro.org> escreveu no dia quinta, 19/10/2023
à(s) 13:21:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 12:54:44PM +0100, Jose Quaresma wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > This change will need some adaptations in the create-spdx.bbclass to
> handle
> > this new variable with _PN
>
> Good point. How does SPDX tooling handle embedded SW components in recipe
> sources?

As far as I know SPDX doesn't support this at all because the class has a
way of knowing that these components exist.

> I presume it does not because recipe and license don't handle it either.
> Should
> there be a more generic PN_subpn, PV_subpn, LICENSE_subpn and matching
> CVE_PRODUCT
> and CVE_VERSION? I don't have use cases for these currently. I would like
> to fix
> the CVE reporting issues with embedded SW components though. mbedtls being
> one good
> example.
>
> Or would it be better to convert mbedtls users to use the meta-oe side
> recipe for it?

In a perfect world this would be the way but as we know the world is far
from perfect :)

> Additionally I don't currently read the SDPX output. I don't have use
> cases for it.
> I do check recipes and their metadata like LICENSE though. Feels like the
> SDPX data
> is used as reporting/export data format which is fed to some other tools
> which are
> not open source.

> Can of worms...

Given that one of the main characteristics of the SPDX metadata is that
they enable and have a complete description
of the software used, this can and will be used by other tools to do all
types of analysis.
AI models will love eating this...

--
Best regards,