On Sun, 5 Nov 2023 at 20:43, <adrian.freiho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another topic where additional meta data about the sstate-cache seams
> to be beneficial is sstate-mirror retention. Knowing which artifact was
> compiled for which tag or commit of the bitbake layer could help to
> wipe out some artifacts which are not needed anymore.

There should be progress on this particular point soon when I get
oe-replicate-build prototype to function. It also records the list of
needed sstate objects into the replica bundle (in the form of
locked-sigs.inc, which is in itself not included into the build conf),
and if you place that bundle next to sstate, and make a superset of
all the objects in all bundles registered that way, you have a list of
things that can be pruned from the cache without loss of build times.
There could also be more interesting use cases, like querying the
sstate server for available builds with guaranteed sstate coverage
etc.

Alex