Hi Lukas,
Sorry for the late reply.

I think I see what's going on.
The module I'm working on is already "vendored", which means there's no modules.txt created for my project by recipetool, since it's already provided in the repository itself.

I guess this has pros and cons, and I'm currently not sure which approach is better. On one hand, offline vendoring (no by the recipetool) has an advantage for SDK builds, when people don't use the BSP directly. On the other hand, Yocto style vendoring (when modules.txt is stored in the BSP) is more transparent for dependency management. I.e. I would need to update the recipe when my dependencies change.

Slava