On 1/3/24 16:28, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 at 08:45, Chen Qi via lists.openembedded.org
<Qi.Chen=windriver....@lists.openembedded.org> wrote:
On 1/3/24 15:21, Alexander Kanavin via lists.openembedded.org wrote:

This works as expected. What made you think it’s broken and needs changing?

The 404 ERROR that 'devtool check-ugprade-status' prints out to me
unconditionally, which is all upper case to catch people's notice and can't be
avoided by any option.
The version check detects if the tarball is in a versioned directory,
and if so, it goes one level up, and tries to list all subdirectories
from there, attempting to find a newer tarball. So the real issue is,
why is it trying to go into a non-existent 'sha512' directory? There's
a sha512.sum file in here:
https://sourceware.org/ftp/debugedit/
but it's a file.

If this patch is applied, on the other hand, it would only check the
names of those versioned directories, and not the actual tarballs.
Which could produce bogus results if for example 5.0/ directory would
contain 5.0.0, 5.0.1, etc tarballs.
Sounds reasonable.

It would also help to suppress the noisy output from wget altogether
by default, but last time I looked into it, it turned into invasive
changes at the heart of bitbake logging, so I abandoned the attempt.

Alex

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Qi