How are you making the list? I think this might be somewhat sped up,
if you first grep
${WORKDIR}/packages-split/openssl-ptest/usr/lib/openssl/ptest/test/
(and util/perl/OpenSSL/ as well) for "^use " and transform the output
lines into 'perl-module-something'. Then try it on the target in qemu
to see whether something is missing.

Alex