Hi,

On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 03:23:48PM +0200, Mikko Rapeli via
lists.openembedded.org wrote:
> FWIW, we have been using upstream kernel.org aarch64 defconfig plus
> few board specific fragments and few extra features for our testing needs.
> I have been very happy that several major kernel version updates have already
> been done this way and zero adaptations needed on our side for the
> ARM SystemReady boards and firmware which we support. A simple CI run to show
> passing test results was sufficient for a poky update with new kernel
> major version.
>
> The implementation here looks pretty much like ours. Looks good, thanks Ross!
>
> More details of our setup:
>
> https://gitlab.com/Linaro/trustedsubstrate/meta-ledge-secure/-/blob/main/meta-ledge-secure/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-ledge-common.inc?ref_type=heads
> https://gitlab.com/Linaro/trustedsubstrate/meta-ledge-secure/-/tree/main/meta-ledge-secure/recipes-kernel/linux/ledgearm64-kmeta?ref_type=heads
> https://trs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Our machine is based on poky qemuarm64 machine and thus uses KBRANCH:qemuarm64
so
I don't see a need for new branch from linux-yocto recipe maintainer.
https://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto/log/?h=v6.5/standard/qemuarm64

But maybe I don't see the full picture.

Cheers,

-Mikko