On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 at 02:54, Changqing Li <changqing...@windriver.com> wrote:

> Yes, the wrong location is the only problem. V4 patch is a way to make native
> tic install to  a right location.
>
> but this solution (hardcode output dir to $(DESTDIR)$(datadir)/terminfo) is
> rejected by upstream.
>
> if use V4 patch,  we need to make it an oe specific patch.
>

> upstream said that to it is better to use target tic to generate the terminfo
> to make sure ncurses in the
>
> target environment can get the correct terminfo. That's why I changed to use
> target tic. but we do will met
>
> "some targets don't support usermode" problem.
>
> So what's your suggestion about this? use V4 patch?

I would suggest this:

- recipe needs to depend on ncurses-native, otherwise we have a
floating dependency on tic executable

- drop the patch, and instead just add a manual tic invocation into
do_install:append () that places the output into correct directory in
${D}. As far as I understand, what doc/Makefile does is harmless, but
you can additionally set environment variable TIC to : or
/usr/bin/true as suggested by upstream to avoid that happening.

Alex