On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 9:51 AM Steve Sakoman <st...@sakoman.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 10, 2024 at 4:25 PM Steve Sakoman via
> lists.openembedded.org <steve=sakoman....@lists.openembedded.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 10, 2024 at 4:10 PM Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfi...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > On Fri, Mar 8, 2024 at 10:24 PM Bruce Ashfield via
> > > lists.openembedded.org

> > > Steve: Here's my latest queue:
> > >
> > > https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib/log/?h=zedd/kernel-kirkstone
> > >
> > > It passed the parted and util-linux ptests locally.
> >
> > Thanks Bruce!
> >
> > I'll grab the patches and run an a-full on the autobuilder.
>
> The a-full results are here:
>
> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/83/builds/6666
>
> The ptest runs came back all green, but there were failures in all of
> the hw-ref tests that use older versions of 5.15 since the patch added
> with SRC_URI +=  in your final commit doesn't apply to those older
> kernel versions.

Yah, that's fine.

We'd never merge the patch like I put it in the queue.

I'll actually merge those changes into the linux-yocto tree and send
SRCREV updates. I just wanted to make sure that they worked in
your tests, like they worked in mine.

I can also bump the reference BSPs to pick up the change.

Really this is something that -stable should be fixing, but I'm not
in a position to propose a fix (it is far from my area of expertise)
so I kept the patches with as minor touches as possible so when
(if) they fix the issue, I won't have much conflict.

I can do those SRCREV bumps shortly and send the entire queue
by patches if that works for you.

Bruce