On Thu, 2024-03-14 at 15:11 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Richard Purdie <richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> writes:
>
> > Thanks for sending this. I suspect something like this might be
> > desirable however unfortunately the timing is a little tricky as
> > we're
> > just past the feature freeze point for 5.0.
>
> ok; my fault.  I delayed it too much.
>
> Would it be possible to communicate such schedules more visibly?
> E.g. put a link on https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases ?

The dates are being updated here:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

and in weekly status emails sent to the yocto and openembedded-core
mailing lists.

> > https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/63/builds/8649/steps/14/logs/warnings
>
> ok
>

> > so I squashed a fix in for that. The second run had this:
> >
> > https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/81/builds/6390/steps/12/logs/stdio
>
> It is difficulty for me to analyze this from the outside.  The
> patchset requires that the 'openssh-sshd' IMAGE_FEATURE is set;
> installing the package manually does not suffice anymore.

That is probably something we may need to improve since lots of others
would expect installing the package to work.

I suspect meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-ptest.bb setting

IMAGE_INSTALL:append = " ${MCNAME}-ptest openssh"

will be the cause.

I don't really time to spend thinking about this now unfortunately as
there will be other priorities for the release.