On Wed, 2024-04-24 at 12:08 +0200, Rasmus Villemoes wrote:
> On 24/04/2024 10.36, Alexander Kanavin via lists.openembedded.org
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 at 10:19, Christian B. Sørensen via
> > lists.openembedded.org <yocto=bsorensen....@lists.openembedded.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Any input on the patchset ? Would appreciate if it could be
> > > included in the scarthgap release.
> >
> > A little patience would help. The patch is fine (and so there's not
> > input), it's in a staging branch,
>
> How would one know? It's not in master-next, and I don't see any
> other branches containing it. Is there some git repo other than
> https://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/ one could follow to
> see that a patch has actually been picked up? The complete radio
> silence when submitting to oe-core makes it extremely hard to know if
> anybody has even seen a given patch. Ideally, one would get an email
> notification (not sent to the list), but just being able to peek at
> some staging repo would help avoid "impatient" pings.

It is in:

https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib/log/?h=abelloni/master-next

It has not made it to master-next.

Your maintainer is doing their best but struggling to keep the release
going, fix the release blocking issues, handle 101 other things and try
to have a live outside the project too without going (any more) insane
or suffering burnout. Replying to every patch on the list isn't
something I can commit to.

We do have plans to allow patchtest to show which patches have been run
through the autobuilder or are contained on testing branches. Sadly
nobody has written that code yet.

> > but integration to master would happen after scarthgap is out.
>
> So the plan is to release scarthgap with a known bug and a known fix
> for it?

Yes, that is the plan.

At some point we have to draw a line under the release. It takes time
to put things through QA and to go through the release process so there
is a call to be made about whether it is severe enough of an issue to
stop that. In my view it isn't. You can make a case for why we should
stop the release if you do think that isn't right.

> Or are you saying this will go into the scarthgap branch before
> release, and after that be applied to master?

It needs to be tested against master, hopefully merge there, then it
will go through the stable release process for scarthgap.

I appreciate the processes are a pain at times but they do prevent or
handle a ton of other issues so overall they're a win in general.