On Fri, 2024-05-03 at 16:43 +0200, Ninette Adhikari wrote:
> From: Ninette Adhikari <13760198+ninetteadhik...@users.noreply.github.com>
>
> - Add Apache echarts (https://echarts.apache.org/en/index.html) library to
> create build performance charts.
> - Restructure data to time and value array format so that it can be used by
> echarts.
> - This commit also converts test duration to minutes to map against the
> values axis.
> - Zoom is added to the line charts.
> ---
>  .../build_perf/html/measurement_chart.html    | 116 +++++++++++-------
>  scripts/lib/build_perf/html/report.html       |   6 +-
>  2 files changed, 72 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

Thanks, I was able to test these:

https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/20240514-17/testresults/buildperf-alma8/perf-alma8_master-next_20240514121350_a8f48d1cb1.html
https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/20240514-16/testresults/buildperf-debian11/perf-debian11_master-next_20240514051235_a8f48d1cb1.html

and they are definitely a huge improvement on what we had.

I've merged them since I think at this point they're definitely better,
thanks for making the tweaks others asked about.

As Ross mentioned, the preview doesn't always quite match the chart
itself.

The other question we'd wondered about is whether we can show the
commit hash as well as the commit number?

The tricky part is that ideally we'd be able to copy/paste the hash or
even make it a clickable link to the poky repository
(e.g.https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky/commit/?id=6582436a1d1af7775a6bb651aff47a9db773e32b
) but I'm not sure how possible that is?

The use case here is where for example there are the step changes in
things like disk usage, or the kernel build time, we'd like to know
which changes happened around that time. The commit number is good, and
you can resolve it with a command like:

git rev-list --reverse HEAD | nl -n ln | grep ^69808

but a direct link to the revision would be ideal if possible.

Regardless, this looks very very much improved on where it was, thanks!