This then needs to happen for all of the core system executables, and not
just these three ones you happen to be using. Packaging should follow a
policy and not be an inconsistent mishmash. But having a policy that splits
every executable into its own package would be a maintenance nightmare.

I’d say this should stay in a private layer if you really don’t want to
just use busybox.

Alex