On Mon, 15 Jul 2024 at 21:07, Ryan Eatmon via lists.openembedded.org
<reatmon=ti....@lists.openembedded.org> wrote:

> With the move to make more warnings into errors it is inevitable that we
> will need more hooks to skip the errors on a recipe by recipe basis.
> This patch just adds INSANE_SKIP support for the incompatible-license check.

I do not think this is a good idea. This was a warning before, the
warning was never fixed, and now, instead of addressing the issue, the
error should be suppressed so that it's *never* going to be fixed?

You can still revert to a warning if you so wish, but in general,
global INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE is essentialy deprecated in favour a
per-image one, is there a reason you are still using that?

Alex