Alexander Kanavin <alex.kana...@gmail.com> escreveu (terça, 16/07/2024 à(s)
11:37):

> On Tue, 16 Jul 2024 at 12:31, Ross Burton via lists.openembedded.org
> <ross.burton=arm....@lists.openembedded.org> wrote:
> > > I was reading about this in your previous patch and was planning to
> > > make a comment about it. Thanks for splitting it out!
> > >
> > > I remember when I was asked to originally merge this patch to OE-Core
> > > and I had reservations at the time. I tried to push back and was told
> > > all the other distros were doing it and it was essential we did as well
> > > :/.
> > >
> > > This does raise the question of whether we should be carrying it. Did
> > > the other distros do anything with it after the XZ issue?
> >
> > Red Hat have already rewritten the systemd integration piece to write
> directly to the pipe instead of using libsystemd:
> >

> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/openssh/blob/rawhide/f/openssh-9.8p1-systemd.patch
>
> So does Debian:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/ssh-team/openssh/-/commit/cc5f37cb8405cba624a133f4b8f464fbe381c5c8
>
> Alex

After some research I checked that openssh can notify systemd without
depending on libsystemd.
https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/commit/08f579231cd38a1c657aaa6ddeb8ab57a1fd4f5c

Gentoo and Arch are already using this and what we need to change are small
modifications to the sshd service, mostly changing Type=notify-reload

I will send a v5 dropping this patch.

Jose

--
Best regards,