On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 11:10 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:

> +# Disable install-time schema registration as we're a packaging system so
> this
> +# happens in the postinst script, not at install time.  Set both the
> configure
> +# script option and the traditional envionment variable just to make sure.
> +EXTRA_OECONF += "--disable-schemas-install"
> +export GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL = "1"

Even better is to have the source code check for DESTDIR, and skip gconf
bits itself; e.g.:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/shell/Makefile.am?h=gnome-2-28#n201

This patch is still useful though for components which don't check
DESTDIR, but again it's better to patch the relevant source code to do
so (or port to GSettings...).