On 7/17/12 1:08 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Mark Hatle wrote:

On 7/17/12 12:41 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Mark Hatle wrote:

     perusing bitbake user manual and in section 2.1.18, "Task
Flags", there's mention of "fakeroot".  that's not really a
task flag, is it? i thought that that's (now?) a keyword
that's used to define a task with that property.

     is that line in the user manual incorrect?

My understanding is this is a key word that gets turned into a
task flag.

    ok, that makes sense.  that's just not clear from that section
in the bitbake manual.  are there any other special cases like
that?

I believe that both "fakeroot" and "python" are the two only two
inline "task flags".

   i'm reading bitbake's "build.py", and that looks right.  only one
other observation -- i see another what looks like a task flag,
"lockfiles", that's not mentioned in the bitbake user manual.  is that
actually a task flag?  should it be mentioned in that section?

   i think that's all of my whining about task flags.

It is a task flag. It's a lockfile that is used on a task-level basis. If the lock is held, then the task will wait until the lock clears.

--Mark

rday