On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 12:42 +0200, Andreas Müller wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Richard Purdie
> <richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 06:44 +0300, Laurentiu Palcu wrote:
> >> Since we made the SDK relocatable, we have to add this functionality to
> >> adt-installer too.
> >>
> >> Other:
> >>  - Changed tabs to spaces in the recipe file too.
> >
> > Shell functions use tabs, python uses spaces. The OE TSC has thought
> > long and hard about this and that is the decision. Its not perfect but
> > the alternatives will cause more problems than any benefit is worth.
> Is there some report/log/styleguide helping me to understand why we
> use two tab/space strategies instead of having spaces for all?

This is the style the bulk of the metadata uses. We really don't want
patches changing a significant portion of the metadata for cosmetic
reasons. It would create a world of pain for people handling/merging
patches, a lot of needless code churn and significant problems for
people trying to backport changes to older versions of the code base
amongst other reasons.