On 9/4/12 3:06 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
On 4 September 2012 20:44, Mark Hatle <mark.ha...@windriver.com> wrote:
So that's a false positive, and libgudev can be moved back into /usr
where it belongs?

The gobject linkage into udev is either the result of a newer version of
udev, different configuration options or "something else".  The version
we're using from the Denzil branch did not generate this failure.  (maybe
the check was in error?)

gudev is relatively new, so probably isn't in the Denzil udev.  It
would be interesting to see if it's used in early boot or not (I
suspect not, as it depends on GObject), and only selectively move
parts of udev to /lib as required instead of forcing everything to
move.

Ya, understanding how it's used and when.. it should be much easier to make a good choice. I know in the past I've been able to break apart things like this.

--Mark

Ross