To keep things simple for this release, Paul proposed to put the bblayers.conf
merging code in sanity.bbclass. After upgrading bblayers.conf we tell the
user to re-run. It would be better if we could re-read the configuration but
that
is something we can address in 1.4. Every layer should make its specific
bblayers.conf
updates by appending to the check_bblayers_conf bitbake function. We decided
that this
is the right thing to do because we don't want to be invasive. This represents
the meta
merging functionality and does only the bblayers.conf v4 -> v5 update. The v5
-> v6
bblayers.conf update is done in another patch sent to p...@yoctoproject.org.

Constantin Musca (1):
  sanity.bbclass: bblayers.conf should be updated automatically

 meta/classes/sanity.bbclass |   56 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-

1.7.9.5