On 01/24/2013 02:20 PM, Enrico Scholz wrote:
Radu Moisan <radu.moisan-ral2jqcrhueavxtiumw...@public.gmane.org>
writes:

Possibly because /run was a link created by the initscripts which
are now disabled when systemd is the init manager. I'll look into
this and update 00-create-volatile.conf so that systemd will handle
the link creation in stead.
I wonder how my images booted...  initscripts is sysvinit specific,
the systemd startup should handle this somehow.

(insert standard argument that we should adopt /run across all init
systems)
yes; that's the best way.  Make /var/run a symlink pointing to /run.

This is exactly what I was looking for. /run shouldn't be there, yet
somehow it is. I was looking into how/where systemd is creating /run
but no lead for now.
/run is part of systemd's api and mounted very early internally by
systemd.  This mountpoint must exist in the filesystem and it will
probably not work when it is symlink into /var/volatile which gets
mounted later.

Isn't systemd looking into fstab.systemd for mount points?

Radu