On 07/01/2013 03:33 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:
Hi Chen,

1) install image created before this change on target device (which doesn't include coreutils, wget and is depending on usable busybox)
2) build feeds which include this change
3) run "opkg update && opkg upgrade" on target device (or equivalent in your favorite package manager) 4) you'll get unusable (and probably unbootable) system at this point, because /bin/busybox binary from old busybox version was already removed, but u-a symlinks to new /bin/busybox.(no)suid weren't created because "sed" used in u-a doesn't work anymore.

As work around I've used
ln -s /bin/busybox.nosuid /bin/busybox
to make old u-a links happy and able to finish postinst in new busybox version.

FWIW: having /bin/busybox -> busybox.nosuid sounds like good idea to have "default" busybox in path for people who're running it directly.

Regards,

Hi Martin,

I forgot the on device upgrade issue when I made the patchset.
Thank you for pointing it out.

I did some tests. The on device upgrade did broke with opkg as the package manager. RPM does not have this problem.

I'll make a follow-up patch to fix this problem tomorrow.

Thanks a lot,
Chen Qi