On 07/19/2013 01:07 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
On 18 July 2013 08:05,  <qi.c...@windriver.com> wrote:
1. The configuration file, /etc/syslog-startup.conf, is ignored.
    This is really confusing, as we are used to the behaviour of
    changing the configuration in /etc/syslog-startup.conf for the
    syslog service. This is actually a weekly test case.
2. The /etc/init.d/syslog is installed, but it has no real usage in
    systemd based systems.

This patch solves the above two problems by changing the busybox-syslog.
service file to let the /etc/init.d/syslog script start syslog service.
The /etc/init.d/syslog file is actually a wrapper in this situation.
(2) can be solved by not installing it (and there's work on-going to
make the init classes delete scripts that are installed as
appropriate).
Great. Thanks.

   I don't like this solution for (1) to be honest - I'd
prefer to see the logic in a central wrapper that the service (and
probably the init script) could invoke.

Yes, that makes more sense. I'll rework on this patch.
Thanks for you review.

Best Regards,
Chen Qi

Ross