On 27/08/13 13:16, Phil Blundell wrote:
On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 13:07 +0100, Jack Mitchell wrote:
Does anyone have any insight to why this may be failing. It mentions a
bad file descriptor, so I assume it is related to building on an NFS mount.

There's no particular reason that flock() oughtn't to work on NFS.  If
you happened to be mounted with -o nolock then you wouldn't get the
correct semantics versus lockers on other hosts, but you shouldn't be
getting -EBADF under any circumstances that I can think of.

If you run flock by hand against a file on the same mount, does it work?
If it fails, what does the output from strace look like?

p.

http://pastebin.com/LB7nZs1q

--
  Jack Mitchell (j...@embed.me.uk)