Hello,
I need to be able to upgrade to a package with all its dependency chain on a target system that does not have access to the network.

I'm trying to understand what may be the best and also the simplest solution.
Perhaps there is already this functionality in OE/Yocto?

I thought to implement a new opkg feture so that I can to generate the list of dependencies of a package and then extract the packages from OE/Yocto using a script or an application.

Another possibility would be to extend the operation of bitbake so I pull out the package and dependencies putting them in a dedicated directory to be moved on the target for the update.

For now I'm just analyzing what may be the possibilities and I'd love to have any comments or advice from someone more experienced than me on this topic.

Thanks
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
 embedded and real-time software engineering