On 5/9/14, 10:31 AM, Saul Wold wrote:
On 05/09/2014 08:14 AM, Mark Hatle wrote:
On 5/9/14, 4:16 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
On 9 May 2014 00:24, Mark Hatle <mark.ha...@windriver.com> wrote:
The /run/lock directory was being dynamically created during package
install,
but should have been owned by the base-files package.

Doesn't do_install generate the /var/run/lock -> /run/lock symlink, as
/run is always a tmpfs so has to be populated on boot?

The /var/run/lock -> /run/lock symlink is generated, but the /run/lock
is never created by anything that I could find.

/run is not always a tmpfs...  We've got configurations where it's
persistent.

With that said, the fix may be incorrect though if something is
generally used to create this as a tmpfs, which package would normally
create the directory and populate it?  the volatiles code?

Ross is almost correct here, there is a link generated from via the
volatiles file in initscripts recipe, which will be created during
package install time.

We still have the packaging issue though. Nothing 'owns' that directory, yet other package(s) reference it. At a minimum something should own it (or it needs to get shoved into the /etc/rpm/sysinfo/Dirnames file to show yes, the directory really is available.)

/proc/mounts has always been an issue since it's owned by the system, but that can be dealt with using the same type of this /etc/rpm/sysinfo/Providenames....

(There is a feature enhancement in the YP bugzilla to more easily support a persistent filesystem, vs always using the volatiles.. we probably should drop this for now and come back around when that is investigated.)

--Mark

Sau!

--Mark

Ross