On 06/07/15 12:35, Jack Mitchell wrote:
On 03/07/15 15:56, Jack Mitchell wrote:
Built an SDK today on 7eb0abc5f4d971d9a511c93cfb2eb52b72e6f228 and when I tried to install it I got the following error:

Setting it up...ls: cannot access /home/jack/Work/build/openembedded/sdk/1/x86_64/environment-setup-*: No such file or directory

I have been messing about with the SDK install path and at one point it did spew out a load of files installed vs shipped warnings I assume due to a change of path and it getting upset about it, but since then I deleted the tmp directory and rebuilt a new SDK without warnings. However, both acted in the same way.

The SDK then sits without installing, seemingly stuck on: grep OECORE_NATIVE_SYSROOT, which I assume means it's looking for the (non-existant) environment file.

Any clues? Is this broken for anyone else?

Cheers,
Jack.

Ok, I figured out how I broke it; I used a relative path in SDKPATH. i.e.

SDKPATH=/path/to/sdk/../rel-sdk

So, first off; should this be supported? Secondly, the use-case I was trying to get at was to position an SDK relative to the build dir, i.e.

SDKPATH=${TOPDIR}/../sdk

Is there a better way to do this. I guess this problem could be solved somewhere in an SDK class by changing the relative path to an absolute path. Ideas?

Cheers,
Jack.

I found an ugly work-around but it would be nice for this to be supported in the future, or at least error on a relative path.

SDKPATH := "${@os.path.abspath(d.getVar('TOPDIR', True)+"/../sdk/"+d.getVar('SDK_VERSION', True)+"/"+d.getVar('SDK_ARCH', True))}"