On 09/09/2015 07:02 PM, Khem Raj wrote:

So I encourage you to formulate a policy and make a proposal to community and
get everyone on board in changing
the policy OE wide.

Actually, first we need some kind of tool that keeps track of custom patches and their upstream-statuses and minimizes the amount of manual work.

Then we can formulate a policy on top of that: for example, if a patch has been 'Pending' for 3 months, the person who added it gets a reminder to update the status; if the patch has been 'Pending' for 6 months and the patch person has been unresponsive, no more patches are accepted from that person until he does the upstreaming of the ones he already got into oe-core. Something like that.

Regards,
Alex