Subject:        Re: bash: remove the format string "%q" in the unicode3.sub
Date:   Tue, 9 Aug 2016 10:39:13 -0400
From:   Chet Ramey <chet.ra...@case.edu>
To:     dengke...@windriver.com <dengke...@windriver.com>, bug-b...@gnu.org
CC:     chet.ra...@case.edu

On 8/9/16 3:18 AM, dengke...@windriver.com wrote:
Hi all

When I run the tests for the bash, the sub-test unicode3.sub of intl.tests
failed.

The sub-test unicode3.sub contain the following:

    payload=$'\065\247\100\063\231\053\306\123\070\237\242\352\263'
    "$payload"
    printf %q "$payload"

In this situation, the format string "%q" in command printf means that when the
character in the payload is not in {alpha & digit & punctuation & ISO
646(7-bit)}, it
would print the string with ANSI-C style quoted string: $'...' , we can
check the source code

This has already been changed in the devel branch (back in May, 2015), and
the test case and tets output was changed at the same time.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    c...@case.edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/