On Tue, 2016-08-30 at 10:36 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Ed Bartosh <
> ed.bart...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > > So it is always going to be skipped?
> > Yes it is for do_image_complete and do_populate_sdk tasks for now.
>
> Oh ok.

Its a performance issue. I can see the attraction of putting these into
sstate however it would add significant time to the builds which many
people would find unacceptable.

Having manifests of deployed files is a huge win for a whole variety of
reasons and it standardises our output tasks. This compromise gives us
that without the performance hit of compressing everything into an
sstate artefact.