On 11/11/2016 08:04 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:

This was something that came up at OEDEM. There are several layers with
several attempts at getting this right, most have some issues.

Whilst we've been pulling things out of core, we also need to consider
things that perhaps should get added. Having this in core would
certainly address a number of issues (but is also potentially a
maintenance burden).

We did agree there that we'd consider this. Obviously input from people
not there is welcome though and this does need discussion. I'm leaning
moderately in favour of adding it as things stand.

I guess I would be more open to this if Khem at the same time sent a patch that explicitly assigns maintainership of all those new recipes. So please don't merge until that is agreed and done.

Alex