Does anyone have any input on where mount.* utils should be placed in the filesystem. I have the following binaries installed

mount: /usr/sbin/mount.exfat /usr/sbin/mount.exfat-fuse /bin/mount.util-linux /bin/mount /sbin/mount.fuse /sbin/mount.exfat /sbin/mount.cifs

Due to some being in /usr/sbin and /sbin the mount utility can't find the extensions when you try to call it in the following manner:

mount -t exfat /dev/sda1 /mnt

So, what would be the preferable solution? Move mount to a different location, move the other mount helpers to where mount is, or create symlinks for the helpers to where mount is?

In ArchLinux which I'm currently using at install time everything from util-linux in /bin /sbin is moved to the /usr/bin /usr/sbin. Is this the way forward as I've heard some talk before of a merged /usr.

Cheers,
Jack.