On 05/16/2017 04:18 PM, Markus Lehtonen wrote:
This patchset makes it possible to make a PGO (profile-guided-optimization)
build of python. This version of the patchset is almost identical to v1
submitted back in February, with these changes:
- rebased on top of latest oe-core master
- exclude profile data for Modules/posixmodule of Python 2.7 as it was not
  working correctly

How about doing this only for Python 3.x? We'd like to stick to our resolution of deprecating 2.x, which means not introducing any new dependencies or images that need it.

Also, python-pgo-image commits should probably be all squashed into one (with comments within files replacing the commit messages).

Alex