Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
2009/12/22 Denys Dmytriyenko <de...@denix.org>:
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 09:05:31AM -0600, Mike Westerhof wrote:
Guo Hongruan wrote:
Hi guys,
  Today, I build an base-image using OE. And I want to check the content
of rootfs, but I found the directory rootfs in building directory is
empty. I remember there was the ontent of the target root filesystem.
Why have to remove them? Does it means the rootfs directory is unuseful?

Thanks a lot!

Add IMAGE_KEEPROOTFS = "1" to your local.conf file.
I'm not sure why the change was made to clean it out every build, though.
To prevent people from using it as an NFS share and having problems.

Ehm, can you please clarify why this would cause a problem?
(btw if I recall correctly the rootfs is still there in the work dir,
and anyway you can build a rootfs in a tar.gz file and untar that).

Frans

The first time I tried to boot a system using files from the temp rootfs, I quickly found that some parts were missing, like all the /dev nodes, due to permissions when constructing the rootfs if I recall correctly.

That was a while ago so maybe things are different now, but I'm glad that the "wrong" files are removed now to reduce (my) confusion.

,
John