On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 11:26:35AM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Op 14-09-12 18:59, Holger Hans Peter Freyther schreef:
> > From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther <ze...@selfish.org>
> >

> I'm not sure this is the right place to fix it, I'd prefer a base files
> bbappend and an fs-perms.txt for this. You know, like angstrom does :)

Hi,

I will have to read about about fs-perms.txt but at least recent oe-core
started to assume to that /var/log is volatile storage and changed the syslog
configuration. The other option is to change the syslog*.conf of oe-core
to revert to using a in-memory storage.

The other issue is that with a modified base-file it is impossible to build
sysvinit and systemd images from the same build directory.

holger