On 10/26/12 17:07, Burton, Ross wrote:
On 26 October 2012 15:35, Enrico Scholz<enrico.sch...@sigma-chemnitz.de>  wrote:
Martin Ertsaas<marti...@gmail.com>  writes:

  Type=oneshot
-ExecStart=/usr/bin/ntpd -q -g -x
+ExecStart=/usr/bin/ntpdate pool.ntp.org
This should be made configurable. E.g.

   Environment=NTPHOSTS=pool.ntp.org
   EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/ntp.conf
   ExecStart=/usr/bin/ntpdate $NTPHOSTS
 From http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/vendors.html:

"To allow you to use the pool as the default time service in your
application, we will set you up with special hostnames, for example
0.vendor.pool.ntp.org, 1.vendor.pool.ntp.org, 2.vendor.pool.ntp.org
and 3.vendor.pool.ntp.org.
You must absolutely not use the default pool.ntp.org zone names as the
default configuration in your application or appliance."

Someone -- probably someone on the TSC I suspect as a representative
of the YP -- should register a vendor pool so we can default to
0.yocto.pool.ntp.org or something similar.

Ross

That sounds like a good way to do it. Then we can simply use that as the default, and have the possibility to use an NTPHOST or something.

Should we leave this until someone registers a pool, or what would be a good default pool until someone does it?

- Martin