On 08/28/2014 07:53 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
On 28 August 2014 13:06, Peter A. Bigot <p...@pabigot.com> wrote:
+PACKAGECONFIG ??= ""
+PACKAGECONFIG[kpps] = ",,pps-tools"
That's not actually deterministic - if pps-tools is installed but the
packageconfig option is disabled then gpsd will still enable the
support.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. It's also not something that can be controlled, since gpsd's author doesn't believe in configuration options to enable features: every capability is enabled or disabled by inspecting the environment at compile-time.

Although ntp does support some explicit enable/disable flags, it too fails to provide a way to say "Pay no attention to that PPS header, it isn't really there."

For this situation I don't think there's a big issue. The PACKAGECONFIG setting ensures that the header will be available if the feature is desired. If it happens to be present but PPS support isn't explicitly requested, there's no failure in either build or runtime: it's still gated by runtime checks for PPS sources and the option being enabled in the Linux kernel. (There are no runtime libraries that need to be installed to use KPPS.)

Is this going to be a problem with the patch being accepted?

Peter