The latest one (V8) seems good to me. I was initially skeptical about the heavy chromium.inc refactoring, but these days we don't have multiple chromium versions in meta-browser, so it is okay. The shared object versioning bandaid wasn't done by me, I modified other parts, but I agree with the patch. The way it is done now is cleaner.
Have you come across a case where there were codec package conflicts?