On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 01:29 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:50:52PM +0200, Daniel Mack wrote:
On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:36 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:
It's already in meta-qt5/master with couple fixes on top of that.

Ah, sorry. For some reason, I only looked into the -next branches.

Well, meta-qt5/master-next is exactly the same as meta-qt5/master :).

Stupid. FWIW, I have a patch for 5.11.1 ready. Will send once the build
succeeded.

I've started rebasing the patches in meta-qt5 as well, but we cannot use
5.11.1 until downmerge to 5.11 is finished, because:

1) we cannot use 5.11.1 branch, because they might delete this branch at
any time (like with 5.10.1)

But there's also a v5.11.1 tag, which is unlikely to be deleted?

I might miss something and I haven't followed the discussions, but is your idea to drop the explicit SRCREVs in the recipes in favor of AUTOREV and a branch name?

FWIW, I've written a small shell script that retrieves the SHA1 for each of the qt projects and updates the .bb files automatically. That seems to work quite well, and I'm happy to share it. There's still the problem with downstream patches and other necessary changes in the recipes for new Qt versions, but that's an issue either way.

Thanks,
Daniel