On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 08:34:18PM +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 01:07:21PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:

> > > If you care about qtwebkit, then please send patches for this.
> >
> > On the other hand - if you don't care about qtwebkit, why would you update
> > it
> > from a working version to a broken one?
>
> I didn't update qtwebkit.
>
> qtwebkit isn't part of regular Qt upgrades since 5.9, I've already
> removed it a while ago and then restored it based on Andreas's request,
> see last few commits:
>
> c8cd55b0 qtwebkit: build with python3
> 23914740 Revert "qtwebkit: remove"
> a35403dc qtwebkit: remove
> a797f85c python-pyqt5, qtwebengine, qtwebkit, qt-kiosk-browser: skip without
> meta-python2
> b1f4f1fd Revert "recipes: Use python3 during build"
> 47fb26de recipes: Use python3 during build
>
> I have not intention to support it myself, either send patches or maybe
> Andreas will do.

I understand the sentiment, but it's still a nice fallback option to have.
Like I said, I'll see if I can find time after the release to look into the
breakage...

> > The issue is that with the upcoming 3.1 LTS around the corner, many of us
> > are
> > trying to finalize and stabilize our own code bases in master. I was very
> > close to resolving most of the breakages for my builds just couple days
> > ago,
> > and now I got few more unexpected failures from meta-qt5...
>
> Yes, that's why there is dunfell branch as mentioned in the PR, see:
> https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/pull/294

Yeah, as we already established with Khem, I missed the fact that meta-qt5
already branched off dunfell, since I don't monitor github, sorry. I'm good
now using 5.14 again from dunfell branch.

--
Denys