pon., 13 kwi 2020 o 12:58 Ayoub Zaki <ayoub.z...@embexus.com> napisaƂ(a):

> basically this class generate a dm-verity hash that needs to be injected
> inside the initramfs...it's a bit hacky.
>
> wouldn't be signing the hash, include the verifiication public key in
> initramfs more portable ?

Sorry, but I don't see how this is a better solution. You then have to
store two things somewhere: the hash and its signature. If the
fitImage is already signed - there's no reason to have a second
signature for the hash: it already comes from a trusted source.

This would also inflate the size of the initramfs - not only would it
need to include the cryptsetup tools but also additional tools for
signature verification.

Bart