From: Martin Jansa <martin.ja...@gmail.com>
Sent: den 7 februari 2021 12:15
To: Martin Jansa <martin.ja...@gmail.com>
Cc: akuster808 <akuster...@gmail.com>; Peter Kjellerstedt
<peter.kjellerst...@axis.com>; Steve Sakoman <st...@sakoman.com>; Mittal, Anuj
<anuj.mit...@intel.com>; OE Core (openembedded-c...@lists.openembedded.org)
<openembedded-c...@lists.openembedded.org>; OE Development
(openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org)
<openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org>; BitBake Development
(bitbake-de...@lists.openembedded.org) <bitbake-de...@lists.openembedded.org>
Subject: Re: [oe] [bitbake-devel] Backport changes for
_PYTHON_SYSCONFIGDATA_NAME to Gatesgarth and Dunfell

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 12:15 AM Martin Jansa via
lists.openembedded.org<http://lists.openembedded.org>
<Martin.Jansa=gmail....@lists.openembedded.org<mailto:gmail....@lists.openembedded.org>>
 wrote:
On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 6:52 PM akuster808
<akuster...@gmail.com<mailto:akuster...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On 1/16/21 9:44 AM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> Aren't the missing spaces in appends fixes also needed for meta-oe
> recipes?

> I think at least top 5 commits from:
> https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/log/?qt=grep&q=space.*append
> were also follow-up from these changes in oe-core.

Do you mean something beyond the meta-openembedded commits mentioned
near the bottom of the email?

Yes I mean these 5 commits at least.

50bbf80abf python3-pykwalify: Do not unset _PYTHON_SYSCONFIGDATA_NAME
6b3e3bdaf8 python-grpcio-tools: Add missing space for append

The first one is just an additional cleanup, but without the 2nd one and with
the cherry-picks from the first e-mail applied you would get:
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'python3python3-grpcio' (but
meta-oe/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python/python3-grpcio-tools_1.14.1.bb<http://python3-grpcio-tools_1.14.1.bb>
 DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:
  python-grpcio
  python3-grpcio

my world build is still running..

with c99bb790 DEPENDS variable doesn't end with a space, so the missing leading
space in these appends (which was fine until now because of trailing space from
DEPENDS set in bbclass) is now causing wrong dependency (should be easily
reproducible with the patches backported, just by parsing the recipes).

I need clarity so I can open an issue in gitlab for tracking purposes as
I am sure I will forget this

we're using gitlab?