On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 at 14:21, Enrico Scholz via lists.openembedded.org
<enrico.scholz=sigma-chemnitz...@lists.openembedded.org> wrote:

> "Jon Mason" <jdma...@kudzu.us> writes:
>
> > For BB_DISKMON_DIRS, the actions "ABORT, STOPTASKS and WARN" would
> > become "HALT, NO_NEW_TASKS and "WARN".
>
> I am not an native english speaker, but for "HALT" I will have to think
> twice whether it will pause the operation or abort it.  I would stay at
> "ABORT" because it makes much more clear what happens.

I'm not taking a stand here, but just providing the context for where the
push for avoidance of 'abort' comes from:
https://inclusivenaming.org/word-lists/tier-1/

Keep in mind that for non-native english speakers none of these words are
emotionally charged; they're just terms. Not so for native speakers.

> > BB_HASHCONFIG_WHITELIST -> BB_HASHCONFIG_IGNORE_VARS
> > BB_SETSCENE_ENFORCE_WHITELIST -> BB_SETSCENE_ENFORCE_IGNORE_TASKS
> > BB_HASHBASE_WHITELIST -> BB_BASEHASH_IGNORE_VARS
> > MULTI_PROVIDER_WHITELIST -> BB_MULTI_PROVIDER_ALLOWED
>
> The new variable names sound like boolean flags, not like lists.

I'd say the context should make it clear that they are lists (e.g. either
the initialization, or usage via iteration).

Alex