Hello.

On 07.04.22 21:36, Khem Raj wrote:
On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 3:28 PM Stefan Schmidt <ste...@datenfreihafen.org> wrote:

Hello Khem.

On 05.04.22 20:08, Khem Raj wrote:

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 4:39 AM Stefan Schmidt <ste...@datenfreihafen.org
<mailto:ste...@datenfreihafen.org>> wrote:

     Hello Khem.

     On 05.04.22 05:16, Khem Raj wrote:
      > fails on x86_64/glibc see

     https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/88/builds/1610
     <https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/88/builds/1610>

     Ah, its not x86_64/glibc (I tested this) but the fact that the
     autobuilder uses poky and I tested here without DISTRO in
     openembedded core.

     Seems the code base it not happy about the gcc changes to warn on the
     combination of _FORTIFY_SOURCE and non-optimized code:

     error: #warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE requires compiling with optimization
     (-O) [-Werror=cpp]

Hmm so you are not using security flags ?

You mean Oniro is not using them? Not sure I can follow you train of
thoughts here. :-)

poky defaults now a days include security_flags.inc which enables
fortify and other
good security stuff from compiler's point of view. So it seems your
distro is not inheriting
all the default distro policies was what I was trying to point at.

We actually included security_flags.inc from the very beginning. :-)
First in oniro-linux only and since March also in oniro-zephyr.

regards
Stefan Schmidt