On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 6:06 PM Randolph Sapp <r...@ti.com> wrote:

> On 5/2/23 10:56, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > The version which was merged with:
> >
> > PACKAGECONFIG ??= "x11"
> >
> > Should still respect x11 in DISTRO_FEATURES, now this causes:
> >
> > ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libxi' (but
> > meta-oe/recipes-core/glfw/glfw_3.3.bb <http://glfw_3.3.bb> DEPENDS on
> or
> > otherwise requires it)
> > libxi was skipped: missing required distro feature 'x11' (not in
> > DISTRO_FEATURES)
> > ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libxinerama' (but
> > meta-oe/recipes-core/glfw/glfw_3.3.bb <http://glfw_3.3.bb> DEPENDS on
> or
> > otherwise requires it)
> > libxinerama was skipped: missing required distro feature 'x11' (not in
> > DISTRO_FEATURES)
> > ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libxrandr' (but
> > meta-oe/recipes-core/glfw/glfw_3.3.bb <http://glfw_3.3.bb> DEPENDS on
> or
> > otherwise requires it)
> > libxrandr was skipped: missing required distro feature 'x11' (not in
> > DISTRO_FEATURES)
> > ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libglu' (but
> > meta-oe/recipes-core/glfw/glfw_3.3.bb <http://glfw_3.3.bb> DEPENDS on
> or
> > otherwise requires it)
> > libglu was skipped: missing required distro feature 'x11' (not in
> > DISTRO_FEATURES)
> > ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libxcursor' (but
> > meta-oe/recipes-core/glfw/glfw_3.3.bb <http://glfw_3.3.bb> DEPENDS on
> or
> > otherwise requires it)
> > libxcursor was skipped: missing required distro feature 'x11' (not in
> > DISTRO_FEATURES)
> >
> > when wayland and opengl are in DISTRO_FEATURES, but x11 isn't.
> >

> Yeah, that's expected behavior at this point. You need to manually
> override the PACKAGECONFIG for wayland in this patch. Just slightly
> better than no wayland at all.

And slightly worse than before, because before it was automatically skipped
thanks to  REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES and now it's pulled into world builds
even when it doesn't build at all.

The only way we can get around it is if this layer or one of it's
> dependencies decides to adopt extra-cmake-modules. They the
> packageconfig can automatically configure itself. Discussion on who's
> job it is to carry this package has yet to conclude.

There is also libglu in regular DEPENDS which has x11 in
REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES.

After moving libglu to x11 PACKAGECONFIG and enabling x11 only when it's in
DISTRO_FEATURES as in:
https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded-contrib/commit/?h=jansa/master&id=721240c27e7a8ebe83f2730cf94e12a57932db82

it still fails with:
glfw/3.3+gitAUTOINC+781fbbadb0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/share/cmake-3.25/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230
(message):
|   Could NOT find X11 (missing: X11_X11_INCLUDE_PATH X11_X11_LIB)

Maybe return x11 to REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES until the wayland discussion
is resolved somehow?

Regards,