On 10/5/23 7:01 AM, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
Khem and Armin,

what are the plans for the nanbield branch, given that is was
branched off long before the actual Nanbield release? Do you plan
on merging master into it once Nanbield is released, or will it
stay as it is and relevant parts will have to be backported?

I started a stable/nanbield-nut with a sync to the tip of master. That will most likely be the starting point depending on when 4.3 is released. I might sync once more.

The reason I ask is because I am currently working on preparing
our layers for the upgrade to Nanbield and currently there is
quite a big difference between the nanbield branch and the master
branch in meta-openembedded. Thus it would help to know if should
continue to track the master branch for meta-openembedded, or if
I should revert to the nanbield branch.

Typically if there are no new applications added after a new stable branch is released, the first few merges tend to be in line with master.

hope this helps,
Armin

//Peter