Hello,

Looks like it will be the first post on the mailing list. A few folks my
still not have subscribed to the mailing list, but never mind, this mail is
mainly aimed at Tiny and doing it transparently is better.

So, the 5.0.7 release is actually helped us find out things that was missing
for bug administration (importance evaluation and milestone planning) by the
"OpenERP Driver team"
https://launchpad.net/~openerp-drivers

I even tested by planning bugs the power users reported me as regressions
here:
https://launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+milestone/5.0.7

It mostly works but we need a few more things:

URGENT:

1) we need Tiny (only them have the required rights) to define a 5.0.7
milestone for
https://launchpad.net/openobject-server
https://launchpad.net/openobject-client

currently only (addons and client-web have it)

LESS URGENT BUT IMPORTANT:

2) For the sake of clarity, the status of the previous milestones for all
projects need to be updated.
For instance the status here don't reflect the fact the milestones have been
released already: https://launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+milestones
and milestone 5.0.6 is missing from addons for instance.

3) We need a Tiny to define a 5.0.8 and 5.0.9 milestone at least with an
approximative release date for all projects. Indeed without an approximative
release date, it's impossible for us to know if it's due in 3 weeks or 3
months (we saw such variations between milestones already), so we
can't reasonably prioritize the bugs for those milestones. For instance, for
something that is very urgent but isn't a regression, I guess we can't plan
it for 5.0.7 as Tiny wanted 5.0.7 already (else it's the open door for
anything that will delay the release forever, leading to new regressions
meanwhile), but we need a 5.0.8 to show the users we actually consider
fixing that important bug as soon as possible.

QUESTION:

4) I tested to assign a bug to an expert team as required by Tiny. For
instance that regression which evaluation required the accounting expert
team I think:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/491807
However, this didn't sent any mail to the list (empty archive here
https://lists.launchpad.net/openerp-expert-accounting/) nor to their member.
So is that any useful to do it?
How could we improve it? (eventually manually forward the bug report to the
list?)
I see in Launchpad bug assignation that a bug can be assigned to only one
person. So is their a risk that in th Tiny dev team, developers will rather
not consider working on the bug due to the fact it seems assigned to
somebody already (the contrary of what we want).

Thank you to help us sort this out.

Raphaël Valyi
http://www.akretion.com