>> Why you didn't use python/openobject introspection to get the field
>> definition, and they are wired in the code?, IMHO it is not a good approach.

1) OpenERP's field definitions are designed for GUI screen formatting not XLS.
We could of course make an extension to the fields class to add rendering
defaults for XLS, PDF, ... the 'report_xls' module is brand new, Rome hasn't
been build in one day either, We'll add all good ideas into a roadmap and
everyone is of course invited to contribute with ideas and/or code.

2) When we inherit from the underlying webkit/rml reports we may also use
fields that are not defined as orm fields. My previour remark is more intended
to facilitate simple XLS exports that do not inherit from a webkit or rml
report (cf.
https://code.launchpad.net/~luc-demeyer/account-financial-report/7.0-account_move_line_report_xls/+merge/192250
 for an example of this).

Regards,
Luc

lp:~luc-demeyer/account-financial-report/7.0-account_financial_report_webkit_xls
 into lp:account-financial-report

Review: Needs Fixing

Hello, More comments.

In line #159

Why you didn't use python/openobject introspection to get the field definition,
and they are wired in the code?, IMHO it is not a good approach.

Regards.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~luc-demeyer/account-financial-report/7.0-account_financial_report_webkit_xls/+merge/192246
You are the owner of
lp:~luc-demeyer/account-financial-report/7.0-account_financial_report_webkit_xls.

https://code.launchpad.net/~luc-demeyer/account-financial-report/7.0-account_financial_report_webkit_xls/+merge/192246
Your team Account Report Core Editors is subscribed to branch
lp:account-financial-report.