Eric,

We are currently building a full BI solution for OpenERP based on different standard tools that can be used (open source and not open source). The standard package used Talend/mySQL/Business object/QlikView but other BI tools can be used (actually it's not dependent on tools)  and you are not forced to use every blocks depending on the client needs.

This solution enable you to generate very flexible and dynamic reports based on data coming from OpenERP but also from other system/files. Check the Qlikview interface, it's quite amazing the level of flexibility you can have and you can answer question like: What are my top 10 sold products by region (around the world), by Business Unit, by salesman, etc... all this in a dynamic way and instantly. We already started to implement this solution in different big customers in Belgium, one of this customer is going live next week.

If you are interested I can send you more info  and/or have a chat via Skype.

KR,

Antony Brugger

Partner
+32 478 34 25 31