On 03/06/2014 06:20 PM, Lionel Sausin wrote:
One example :
https://code.launchpad.net/~numerigraphe/openobject-addons/trunk-sale-order-dates/+merge/175249
I did my home work and gathered all the community patches and pieces of
advice I could, and made a clean patch.

I remember reviewing it at the initial submission, I wonder why we missed it during the pre-7.0 merges, perhaps it was still in WIP status at that time?

I've merged it in a test branch and cleaned up a few things. For example _get_date_planned() was introduced by Akretion[1] after you started working on your patch[2], and it is now part of the API. It was also improved to deal with TZ issues when converting date -> datetime. Apart from this I simplified a few lines, spellchecked and removed things that are optional in trunk now, and removed the double relativedelta/timedelta use as in your initial MP.

Have a look at lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/trunk-order-dates-numerigraphe, if it's green on runbot and you agree with my changes[3], then I'll merge it.

[1] rev 6077 http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/revision/f...@tinyerp.com-20111220174007-gr3uqxntw8w13g2f#sale/sale.py
[2] rev 5922
[3] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/trunk-order-dates-numerigraphe/revision/9193

It does not change the database layout but it does add or change (minor)
features.

Should I propose it for OCB-addons?
On the other hand I could probably refactor it into a module that I can
propose into the project "sale-wkfl". But that would certainly be a lot
of copy/paste from the original module - would it still have a chance to
be accepted?
Or should I simply resubmit my MP to the main trunk and pray (or pay?)
for someone to review it?

Again, I'm not blaming, just looking for guidance.

You did everything right from my point of view, it's just our perpetual understaffing in terms of people able to perform the final review/merge MPs on official branches, and perhaps unlucky timing. I'm really sorry about that! Thanks for your incredible patience and positive energy!